Dolor sit amet
When you list your vehicle for hiring out on Vehicle Portal website the following terms and condition will apply. Start Listing
1. The Vehicle owner shall ensure that the vehicle complies with all traffic regulations. The road tax, fitness and all other legal documents should be up to date and complete.
2. Vehicle Portal shall provide comprehensive insurance to the vehicle owners vehicle which will only apply during the duration of the hire. The vehicle owner will maintain insurance which will cover their vehicle outside the hire.
3. Vehicle Portal shall ensure that the vehicle remains in good condition during the hire. Any damages due to negligence on the part of the client and the resulting repairs shall be borne by VP up to the extent where insurance does not cover such damages.Such negligence will have to be established and resulting costs agreed between all parties before payments are made. Such damages shall not exceed 10% of damage costs with a minimum of K1,000.00
4. The vehicle owner shall be responsible for servicing the vehicle and carrying out any maintenance when required. The vehicle owner shall also keep a record of the service history of the vehicle for future reference purposes. In the event that Vehicle Portal spends money to fix the car in order to facilitate a hire, then all amounts expensed shall be deducted from the monies due to the Vehicle Owner.
5. The rate applicable will be as per VP’s stipulated vehicle group rates. See our schedule of fees (Login to view).
6.VP shall make payments directly to the vehicle owner every 7 days and 14 days after end of each hire on a Friday of each week. .Hires below 7 days are paid after 7 days from the end of hire.Hires of 7 days and above are paid after 14 days from the end of hire.If the vehicle is hired on longterm e.g 1 months and above then payments will be made every month within 14 days from month-end.Payments shall be made by electronic bank transfer
7.The vehicle Owner shall provide the vehicle with fuel as and when required unless where it’s expressly agreed between the two parties.Should VPortal put fuel in the vehicle owners vehicle to facilitate the hire then the fuel shall be deducted from the total amounts due to the vehicle owner. Upon returning the vehicle, VP shall ensure that its returned with the same amount of fuel as at the time of pick up .
8. In the event that fuel levels is more than was when collecting the car from the vehicle owner VP shall deduct the money equivalent from the total owing to the Vehicle Owner.
9. When a booking is made on a vehicle,staff from vp will get in touch with the vehicle owner to finalise the booking and ensure that,vehicle is availed.The vehicle owner will be advised on the period of the hire,commencement date of hire ,destintion,chaffeur or selfdrive and total income due to the vehicle owner .
9.1.Once vehicle availability is confirmed by vehicle owner and the booking on the car is secured by a customer leading up to commencement of hire.The vehicle owner agrees that he/she cannot retrieve/request back the vehicle whilst in the middle of a hire before the hire ends
9.2.At times clients will extend hires beyond the initial agreed hire days.In this case the vehicle owner will be informed in advance atleast a day before.However VPortal reserves the right to inform the vehicle owner at short notice should the client communicate the extension at short notice for whatever reason.In this case the vehicle owner agrees that he/she cannot retrieve/request back the vehicle until the extended hire period is over.
10.Upon accepting the booking the vehicle owner will then avail there vehicle to a VP representative and thereafter handed over to the client for the hire to commence.Counting of hire days will only start on the day the vehicle is handed over to the client or when the client collects the vehicle.This means that counting of days cannot start when the vehicle owner simply hands over the vehicle to Vehicle Portal
11. At times to facilitate the hire VP may provide the vehicle to client a day before usually late afternoon in order for the clients to start off early in the morning the following day.
12. For the purposes of marketing and promotions VP may provide car rental at rates lower than the usual market rates. In this case the vehicle owner will be notified of these rates and should they agree to them then any bookings on their vehicle shall be deemed fully confirmed.
13. Logistical costs.The vehicle owner can choose to be parking their vehicle at our office in our custody and hence save on logistical costs and time of bringing over the vehicle to our office when booked.If the Vehicle owners opts to keep the vehicle He/She agrees to bear logistical costs of returning the vehicle back to him after end of hire. VPortal will bear the cost of vehicle Pick up.The logistical costs which will cover mostly fuel will not exceed K100.00 in any event.Further the Vehicle owner can avoid this logistical cost by picking up the vehicle from our office themselves.
13.1 .Due to our widespread national presence there will be times when a vehicle from Lusaka will be required in another town to facilitate a hire there and vice versa.In such a situation the fuel cost of taking the car to and fro that town will be shared between the vehicle owner and VPortal.